new parent orientation
Here you’ll find information for new parents about Dad’s Club Swim Team meets and events.
Our website is our primary method of communication. You can find team news and any new important information on our website home page.
weather & Cancellations:
Any cancellation due to weather will be posted on our home page as soon as the determination is made. We will always do our best to hold practices when possible, but the unpredictable nature of the weather may occasionally result in last-minute cancellations. (Text alerts may also be sent out in the event a practice is cancelled beforehand. Please be sure that your primary cell phone listed on your Parent Portal account is able to receive texts.) The website will always be our primary method of communicating weather-related changes.
All other information concerning the Swim Team can be found under the Swim Team section of our site.
The meet schedule is located on our website, dadsclubaquatics.com. under the Swim Team Meets & Results section. The letters to the right of the meet name indicate which training groups will be attending the meet (w-white, b- blue, B - bronze, S-silver, G-gold, SR-Senior, NP-National Prep, N-National). The Q means swimmers must have the qualifying times to attend. Qualifying times usually apply to championship meets and can be found in the meet info/announcement by clicking the title of the meet (i.e. “Gulf Open Meet”).
- You will receive each meet invitation through the Parent Portal. Once you receive the invitation, you will need to opt-in via your Parent Portal.
- You will receive an email two to three weeks before each meet. Once you receive this email, you will be able to go into your parent portal and opt-in. Once a swimmer has been entered in a meet, the entries fees will be charged to your account and are non-refundable.
- You can opt-out of a particular session/day by first opting in to the meet. Once you have opted in, you will have the ability to opt-out of each individual session/day.
- The coaches will enter each swimmer in their particular events. You can see your swimmer’s events on your parent portal after the coaches complete the entries. This is typically two to three days after the opt-in deadline.
Leading up to each meet
- Timing – We will always need volunteers to help time during each meet. Please sign up for timing under the Meets & Results section of our site. (Timing at swim meets goes towards your service hours.)
- Timeline – You can find a timeline of the meet the Wednesday before the first session by clicking on the T located to the right.
- Meet entries – You can view the meet entries on your parent portal.
During The Meet
- Warm-up times are usually at 7:30 or 8:10am. Swimmers are expected to arrive 15 minutes before the start of the designated warm-up. All swimmers are expected to warm up with the team.
- There is no circle-in during the Short Course season (October-March). Only swimmers participating in events 400 or longer must check in at the beginning of the meet.
- The competition portion of the meet starts at 9am. Meets usually last between 3-4 hours.
- Relays – During meets where relays are offered, coaches will announce the final relay line-ups immediately after warm-up. Swimmers arriving late for warm-up will be taken out of relays. Although we try our best to pre-enter swimmers in relays, we often have to make changes at the meet. Swimmers should not assume they are not in a relay. Always ask a coach before leaving a meet.
- Uniforms – Swimmers must wear a Dad's Club shirt, cap and swimsuit during meets.
- Blue shirt on Saturdays
- White shirt on Sundays
How will I know when to bring my swimmer to the meet?
- The estimated timeline for each meet will be posted on our meet and results page a few days before the start of the meet. Morning sessions usually start warm-ups between 7-8am. Afternoon sessions usually start warm-ups between 12-1:30pm.
- Warm-up times will also be posted on the Meets & Results section of our site.
How will I know what my swimmer is swimming?
You will be able to see your swimmer’s entries on your parent portal. This is typically two to three days after the opt-out deadline.
Uniforms & Equipment
- Required Equipment: Required equipment during meets includes a Dad’s Club team suit, team cap and team shirt.
- Swim Caps: Silicone caps can be purchased through our parent volunteers.
- Personalized swim caps are available for order for the following groups only: Gold, Senior, National Prep and National. An email will be sent out at the beginning of each season with the order information.
- Shirts: Additional shirts can be purchased at the Dolphin Shop. The Dolphin Shop is open from 10:30am-6pm.
- Parkas: Team parkas can be ordered through our TYR Team Page Enter DADSCLUB25 and register.
- Team Suits: Team suits can be ordered through our TYR Team Page. Enter DADSCLUB25 and register.
- Training Equipment: Training equipment can be purchased through our TYR Team Page. Enter DADSCLUB25 and register.
Annual Fundraising Swim Marathon
Our annual Swim Marathon fundraiser is held on the last Saturday in October. Swimmers participate in the event by raising donations and swimming the marathon. Information regarding the swim marathon will be sent out via email as the event approaches. (Please note that swimmers will need to supply a counter to keep track of their laps.)
Please note you are required to fill out the 60-Day Notice if your swimmer is planning to stop swimming. You can find the 60-Day Notice form here.
Communicating with Coaches
Coaches are unable to speak with parents during workout times. If you wish to speak with a coach, please schedule a time to meet with them via email.
Please keep in mind that parents are not allowed on deck during practice times. Parents are welcome to watch practice in the designated sitting areas.