Swimmer Code of Conduct
Dad’s Club members are expected to behave in an exemplary manner when at all practices, meets, and Dad’s Club functions. Rules and regulations set forth by the Dad’s Club are to be obeyed at all times.
The following is a list of behaviors that will not be tolerated and are subject to disciplinary action(s):
1. Theft, disrespect, destruction, or degradation of people, places, and/or objects
2. Refrain from any illegal or inappropriate behavior that would detract from a positive image of the team or be detrimental to its performance objectives
3. The possession, use, or sale/distribution of any controlled or illegal substance or any form of weapon is strictly forbidden
4. Bullying (see the Dad's Club Bullying Policy)
5. Sexual misconduct
6. Disrespectful behavior towards coaches, parents, other swimmers or staff
7. Team members will display proper respect and sportsmanship toward coaches, officials, administrators, teammates, fellow competitors and the public at all times
8. No "deck changes" are permitted. Athletes are expected to use available change facilities
9. Swimmers are to refrain from inappropriate physical contact at team activities and events
10. Swimmers are to refrain from use of inappropriate language
11. Team members are reminded that when competing in meets, traveling on trips, and attending other meet-related functions, they are representing both themselves and the Dad’s Club. Athlete behavior must positively reflect the high standards of the club
1. Adhere to practice requirements
2. Arrive and leave at scheduled practice time, or when dismissed
3. Notify coach of tardiness or absence
4. Follow directions given by the coach
5. Be positive and supportive of all swimmers
6. Swim the complete practice to the best of your ability
7. Bring your equipment every day. Do not borrow others
Swim Meet Expectations
1. Obey all schedules and curfews
2. Be on time for warm-up and events
3. See coaches before and after each swim
4. Be supportive of all swimmers
5. Swim all events, prelims and final sunless excused by the coach
6. Wear Dad’s Club team apparel
7. Coaches will resolve any problems that may arise at meets
8. Swimmers are required to travel with an adult to out of town meets with the exception of official team travel meets
By signing this code of conduct, I agree to the following statements:
- I will respect and show courtesy to my teammates and coaches at all times.
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship at all practices and meets.
- I will set a good example of behavior and work ethic for my younger teammates.
- I will be respectful of my teammates’ feelings and personal space. Swimmers who exhibit sexist, racist, homophobic, or otherwise inappropriate behavior will be faced with consequences.
- I will attend all team meetings and training sessions, unless I am excused by my coach.
- I will show respect for all facilities and other property (including locker rooms) used during practices, competitions, and team activities.
- I will refrain from foul language, violence, behavior deemed dishonest, offensive, or illegal.
- If I disagree with an official’s call, I will talk with my coach and not approach the official directly.
- I will obey all of USA Swimming’s rules and codes of conduct
Disciplinary measures are enforced at the discretion of the coaching staff and depend upon severity and/or continued abuse of expectations, rules, and regulations. The following is a list of possible consequences for breaking any part of the Code of Conduct:
1. Meeting with coach and/or parent(s)
2. Temporary or permanent suspension from the team
3. Dismissal from the trip and immediate return home at the athlete’s expense
4. Disqualification from future team travel meets
5. Proceedings for a LSC or USA Swimming National Board of Review